Byron Shire Bike Plan
The Byron Shire 10 Year Bike Plan was adopted in October 2019. The Bike Plan will help us:
- Provide well-located and better connected cycleways and shared paths.
- Prioritise works.
- Enable community groups to prepare strategically-aligned grant applications in the future.
Some of the main improvements identified in the 10-year Bike Plan include:
- Construction of new off and on-road cycle ways, shared paths and road crossings.
- Upgrade existing cycling infrastructure.
- Amendment of road design to support safe cycling.
- Encourage cycling as a fun and healthy transport alternative.
The information in the Appendix Maps should be considered alongside the information within the Byron Shire Bike Plan document.
The costs in section 5 are estimates only. Costs will be revisited and more accurate estimates prepared when planning any future work.
Map of existing and proposed cycling infrastructure
How was the Bike Plan developed?
The Byron Shire Bike Plan was informed by community feedback about their experience of cycleways around the Shire.
- 700 online survey responses.
- 150 people attended five workshops in Ocean Shores, Bangalow, Mullumbimby and Byron Bay.
- 62 submissions were received.
Thank you to everyone who contributed their feedback to this process.