Pay a Parking Fine

No stopping sign graphic

Parking fines are set by the NSW Ministry and the NSW Roads and Maritime Services. 

To pay or contest a fine visit the Revenue NSW website. 

Pay your fine online

Contest a fine

A parking infringement cannot be withdrawn by Council once it has been issued or commenced.

To contest a fine, see the appeals procedure which is provided on the reverse of the penalty notice, or contact Revenue NSW and include the following in your letter:

  • clear copy of the fine (marked 'penalty infringement notice' at the top)
  • identification number displayed on the meter
  • date and time you attempted to use the meter
  • brief description of the problem you encountered
  • reference number supplied by the parking meter customer service centre (if available).

Conducting this process through Revenue NSW prevents any potential conflict of interest with Council and staff.