Developer Contributions

Developer contributions are collected to help fund infrastructure required as a result of development.

We collect developer contributions through:

  • Contributions plans (formerly known as S94A and S94)
  • Planning agreements (also known as Voluntary Planning Agreements or VPAs).

Contributions are levied on:

  • Development Applications.
  • Complying Development Certificates, including those issued by accredited private certifiers.

Developer Contribution Plan

Our Developer Contribution Plan details how we collect and spend the developer contributions.

Developer Contribution Plan 2012 (incorporating Amendment 4)(PDF, 8MB) 

Section 7.11 Contributions Plans (Residential)

These plans are levied under Section 7.11 of the Act and apply to residential development (and any other development not levied under the Section 7.12 Plan).

Contributions apply to the following:

  • subdivision
  • multi-dwelling housing based on one, two, or three or more bedrooms
  • dual occupancy dwelling
  • secondary dwelling (granny flat)
  • seniors housing
  • residential care facility
  • movable dwellings
  • tourism and visitor accommodation
  • hostel/boarding house/group homes based on per bed.

S7.11 - Schedule - Cost Summary Report less than $500,000(PDF, 177KB)

S7.11 - Schedule - Cost Summary Report greater than $500,000(PDF, 184KB)

Section 7.12 Contributions Plan (Non-residential)

This plan levies under Section 7.12 of the Act and applies to non-residential development. Contributions are collected and allocated to new or upgraded infrastructure based on the cost of carrying out the development as shown below:

Proposed cost of development Percentage of the levy
Less than and including $100,000 Nil
More than $100,000 (up to and including $200,000) 0.5%
More than $200,000 1%

A cost summary must be submitted with the development application or complying development certificate application where Council is the Certifier.

This form is used to provide the total cost of development which is used to calculate the 7.12 contribution fee.

  • Development Applications: The relevant cost summary report is required to be submitted with the development application.
  • Complying Development Certificates: Private certifiers are required to submit a cost summary report with the approved Certificate when registering with Council on the NSW Planning Portal. 

Planning Agreements

A Planning Agreement is another way of providing contributions. Some developments may seek to enter into a Planning Agreement to provide contributions in lieu of, or in addition to, Section 7.11 or 7.12.

View the Planning Agreement Register 

Further information: Planning Agreement Policy

Pay contributions

Complete the Developer Contributions update and payment request form to confirm the total amount of contributions due and to request an invoice or to make payment.

Payments can be made by:

  • BPAY
  • Over the phone
  • In person at Council’s administration building.

Your consent will outline at what stage the contribution is to be paid. This is usually before the issue of a Construction Certificate or Subdivision Works Certificate.

Complying Development

Payment must be made before work commences.

For Complying Development Certificates issued by a Private Certifier, the Certifier must register the Complying Development Certificate with Council on the NSW Planning Portal before fees can be calculated. 

Development contributions are a levy imposed on your development consent. Contributions are not a fee and do not attract GST.


The contribution amount is subject to indexation and will continue to be indexed until paid in full. Council indexes and adjusts four times a year in accordance with the contribution's plans.

  • 14 February
  • 14 May
  • 14 August 1
  • 14 November.