Feedback on the Events Findings Paper closed Sunday 10 September 2023.
We are developing an Events Strategy to guide the running of small to medium events in our Shire.
The project aims to:
- align events with the values of our communities.
- consider existing venues and land that is suitable and available for events.
- consider timing and scheduling of events across the calendar year.
- streamline event planning and approvals processes for best practice.
- support economic and social recovery.
The process so far
From March to July 2023, we held workshops and interviewed:
- Event organisers
- Venue managers
- Tourism and community representatives
- State tourism bodies
We asked them:
- What types of events are the right fit for Byron Shire?
- What role do they want Council to play in events?
- What they want events to deliver for the Shire?
The Byron Shire Events Findings Paper(PDF, 2MB) captured these conversations.
We then checked back in with the industry and community for feedback, to ensure we are on the right track.
Feedback closed Sunday 10 September 2023.
The findings paper and feedback will inform the development of the draft Byron Shire Events Strategy.
See the project timeline for more information.