Apply for a pensioner rebate
You may be eligible for a rebate if you;
- are liable to pay the rates and charges on a property which is your sole or principal place of residence, and
- have a current pensioner concession card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
All NSW councils give a mandatory rebate to eligible pensioners of up to:
- $250.00 off residential ordinary rates
- $87.50 off fixed water charges
- $87.50 off fixed sewer charges.
About your payments
- If you start receiving a pension after the commencement of a quarterly billing period and you meet the above conditions, you can claim a rebate from the start of the next quarterly billing period.
- If you cease to qualify as an eligible pensioner, or you sell the property in which you live, you will not be entitled to receive a rebate after the end of the quarterly billing period in which you ceased to be eligible.
- If you were granted a pensioner rebate in advance that you are no longer entitled to, it will be charged back to your rate account for the period relating to your ineligibility.