Business application and registration forms

Find forms related to running or starting a business. This includes forms for food businesses, home businesses, filming and events.

10 Result(s) Found

All buskers need to apply for a permit to busk in the Byron Shire. 

Busking includes musicians, actors or street performers that perform in public in exchange for money.

Complete the online application form 

You can also visit our customer service centre in Mullumbimby.


  • $25 for a one-off application fee, plus
  • $15 for a yearly permit, or
  • $5 for a one month permit. 

Buskers under 18 years must still apply for a permit, however no fees will apply. Parental approval is required.

Busking requirements

  • A busking permit allows artists to perform at designated areas for a maximum of two hours.
  • You must display the permit whilst performing.
  • All amplified busking must stop at 10.30pm.
  • No amplified busking is allowed between the hours of 10.30pm and 8.00am.
  • Non-amplified busking to end at 12am midnight.
  • No busking is to occur between 12am midnight and 8.00 am.
  • Where electrically amplified sound equipment is used, it must not be powered by mains power or generators. Only battery power from sealed (gel) or dry cell batteries may be used.
  • An audition is not required for a permit to be issued.

If you are planning on hosting an event, conducting a film shoot or planning your wedding in Byron Shire, please complete the online form. 

A member of our events team will get in touch with you to discuss the next steps. 

Events enquiry form


For more information about events, filming and weddings please contact:

Any business that lets liquid trade waste into a Council sewer must apply for liquid trade waste approval from us. Trade waste is all liquid waste, generated on a commercial premises, and discharged to our sewerage system. 

Use the form on this page to apply.

Visit the Liquid trade waste page for more information about liquid trade waste categories and charges. 

Use this form to apply to hold a street stall for fund raising in the Byron Shire.

Please read the Fund Raising - Community Organisations Policy to find out what rules you need to follow. Approval may be withdrawn if you do not comply with this policy.  

Please note: Maximum three days, per town, per year.

Step 1. Details of charity or non-profit organisation
Step 2. Proposed dates for stall/s
Type the characters you see in the image below * (Required)



Page 1 of 1