All buskers need to apply for a permit to busk in the Byron Shire.
Busking includes musicians, actors or street performers that perform in public in exchange for money.
Complete the online application form
You can also visit our customer service centre in Mullumbimby.
- $25 for a one-off application fee, plus
- $15 for a yearly permit, or
- $5 for a one month permit.
Buskers under 18 years must still apply for a permit, however no fees will apply. Parental approval is required.
- A busking permit allows artists to perform at designated areas for a maximum of two hours.
- You must display the permit whilst performing.
- All amplified busking must stop at 10.30pm.
- No amplified busking is allowed between the hours of 10.30pm and 8.00am.
- Non-amplified busking to end at 12am midnight.
- No busking is to occur between 12am midnight and 8.00 am.
- Where electrically amplified sound equipment is used, it must not be powered by mains power or generators. Only battery power from sealed (gel) or dry cell batteries may be used.
- An audition is not required for a permit to be issued.