Apply for a Drinking Water Cartage License

Water delivery businesses providing drinking water in the Byron Shire must be registered.

You must ensure drinking water is not contaminated and public health is not put at risk. 

Apply now

Step 1.Read the policy

Before applying, read the policy.

Access to bulk water from Council water mains Policy

Step 2.Complete the Quality Assurance Program form to NSW Public Health Unit

Drinking water carters must develop and follow a quality assurance program. For more information visit the NSW Health website Drinking water suppliers.

You may complete the Water Carter QAP template or create your own.

A copy of the completed quality assurance program document must be provided to the local NSW Public Health Unit and upload a copy with your registration.

Step 3.Complete the form to register with Council.

You will need to pay application and inspection fees when submitting this application.

Drinking water cartage registration form

Step 4.Registration review

We will:

  • review your registration to make sure all of the required information has been provided.
  • contact you to inspect your vehicle at a convenient time.

The applicant should be aware of the following legislation regarding the treatment and handling of water that is used or intended to be used for human consumption, specifically regulated by law under the