Each household gets TWO $50 waste disposal vouchers, for the 2023 to 2024 financial year. You can use the vouchers in one trip or in two separate trips to the Byron Resource Recovery Centre.
Vouchers can be used to dispose of:
- Furniture and household items (worn).
- Mattresses, bed bases and carpet.
- Garden waste - for example branches, palm fronds, garden equipment.
- Renovation waste (non-commercial) - for example bricks, concrete, timber, ceramics, plasterboard.
- Mixed household waste.
Can your unwanted items be rehomed, resold, repaired or repurposed? Before you go over the weighbridge check in at 'The Remarket - Tip Shop' to see if they will accept your items (for free!).
Vouchers cannot be used to dispose of:
- Fridges and tyres.
- Industrial/commercial waste.
- Liquids and asbestos.
How to use your vouchers
Your 2023/24 rates notice is your voucher! Take your property rates notice to the Byron Resource Recovery Centre weighbridge for scanning.
Please note: Your 2022/23 rates notice is currently valid, but once the 2023/24 rates notice is issued this will no longer be valid.
If you are renting you must get permission from the property owner or real estate agent.
Take one of the following to the Byron Resource Recovery Centre weighbridge for scanning:
Conditions of use
- Only for households within the Byron Shire Council region
- Each voucher can only be used once. No refunds or return visits will be permitted if the full $50 value is not used.
- If you do not have your voucher (Rates notice or signed tenant form) you will be charged as per the fees and charges.
- If the voucher amount is exceeded, payment will be required for the additional amount as per standard fees and charges.