1. Council adopted the Residential Strategy.
2. Residential Strategy was forwarded to the NSW Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) for final endorsement late December 2022. DPE did not endorse.
3. Instead, DPE requested a peer review of the Strategy in mid 2021.
4. Peer review finalised with DPE supporting a revision of the Strategy, with greater consideration of the number of future dwellings required to 2041 and the capacity to meet this target consistent with state policy position.
5. February / March 2022 flood event.
6. Report to Council updating the status of the Residential Strategy and Lot 22 Mullumbimby. This included the peer review report.
- 9 June 2022 Planning Meeting Report
- Council's decision was to support, subject to funds being allocated, the adopted Residential Strategy being updated as per the peer review report and that a draft of the updated Residential Strategy be reported back to Council.
7. Byron Shire Housing Forum held on 17 June 2022
8. Australia Bureau of Statistics commenced a staged release of 2021 census data in June 2022.
9. DPE updated North Coast Regional Plan 2041 from July 2022 to December 2022:
10. NSW government released NSW Flood Inquiry Report recommendations and the Parliamentary Committee report in August 2022.
11. Community consultation and findings on the Discussion Paper 'After the 2022 Floods: Working Out Possibilities Together' from October to December 2022.