Transport for NSW completed the new bus interchange in the rail corridor adjacent to Butler Street in Byron Bay in 2021.
This interchange replaced the existing bus stop on Jonson Street.
For more information, visit the Transport for NSW project website.
The 'rail precinct' project
The bus interchange is part of a broader ‘rail precinct’ partnership between Byron Shire Council and Transport for NSW.
Key projects include:
- Upgrade of Railway Park.
- Revitalisation and beautification of Butler Street Reserve.
- Construction of a bus interchange on the Butler Street by Transport for NSW
- Upgrade of the car park in front of the Rails Hotel by Transport for NSW (completed 2020)
- Upgrade of the car park at Lawson Street South
- The opening up of the neglected rail corridor for passive community recreation and green space.