Arts and cultural activities enrich and enliven daily life.
The Arts and Cultural Policy includes:
- Council supports the thriving arts and cultural activity already happening in the Byron Shire.
- Collaboration and community-led governance result in more successful outcomes for the community and Council.
- Council plays a key role in providing infrastructure to support arts and culture throughout the Shire.
- Council supports an integrated approach to enabling cultural development.
- Council supports arts and cultural initiatives that are engaging, inclusive, diverse and accessible.
- Council promotes measurable outcomes for arts and cultural development activities.
The Arts and Culture Policy was adopted in August 2020.