Linda Vidler Park Masterplan
The Linda Vidler Park Draft Masterplan is on exhibition for community feedback until 5 July 2021.
The Draft Masterplan is a long-term vision for the 4.5 hectare site on Beech Street at Suffolk Park.
The aim is to ensure it is a space for the whole community to enjoy; a place that will be a flexible place for relaxation, exercise and informal and organised activities.
Some of the existing facilities at Linda Vidler Park are:
- football field
- pump track
- tennis and basketball courts
- bocce green
- community garden
The Draft Masterplan also provides for:
- shelters, seating, water fountains
- potential extension of football clubhouse facilities
- exercise station
- nature play area
- area for indigenous food planting
- potential use for community events such as markets
A key component of developing the Draft Masterplan was input from stakeholder groups and residents about their vision for the park. This included:
- Community Gardens
- Suffolk Park Progress Association
- Suffolk Park Football Club
- Suffolk Park Farmers Market
The broader community is now asked to provide feedback on the draft masterplan.
People who have accessibility needs or who need help with getting access to the documents on this page should contact Council.
Make a submission
Provide your feedback by doing an online survey at Your Say Byron Shire. The closing date for submissions is 5 July 2021.