Get help with managing waste at your event, developing a waste management plan and tips on hosting a waste wise event.
When do I need an Event Waste Management Plan?
- If your event needs a Development Application.
- If Council requests one.
- Over 100 patrons are expected and food and/or alcohol are served.
What does an Event Waste Management Plan cover?
- Type of waste.
- How much waste.
- How you collect and remove that waste.
If you are planning an event in Byron Shire, you need to consider how you are going to manage your waste and recyclables.
Read on to find information about developing a waste management plan, waste collection charges and how we can support you to host a waste wise event.
You need to provide an event waste management plan to Council when:
- A Development Application is required for the event.
- Council requests one.
- 100 patrons or more are expected and food and/or alcohol are served.
Download an Event Waste Management Plan.(PDF, 320KB)
The plan covers:
- What kind of waste your event will generate.
- How much waste your event will generate.
- How you plan to collect and remove that waste.
Submit your event waste management plan to the Events and Grants Officer. This must be done before an event permit or licence is issued.
The waste management plan will be assessed by our waste team. We will let you know if the Plan:
- Is approved.
- Needs changes.
- Needs conditions added to the event permit or licence.
- Help with your Event Waste Management Plan.
- Deliver and service 240L organics, recycling and landfill bins for your event (fees apply).
- Provide organics, recycling and landfill bin event lids. These are a great way of providing extra education and improving resource recovery at your event.
- Advice on how to minimise and avoid waste by using reusable, recyclable or compostable materials.
- Help you find waste contractors and sources for recyclables.
- Information on recyclable and compostable packaging suppliers.
Call Council’s Resource Recovery office on 1300 652 625 for more information.
We provide 240L general waste, organics and recycling bins and services. The details and costs of these are in the table below.
All prices include:
- Daytime delivery
If your event requires services outside the hours of 7am - 4.30pm, extra charges will apply.
| Bin service
|Delivery of bin, 1x collection service/pickup and removal of landfill (red) bin
|| $35.00 per bin
|Delivery of bin, 1x collection service/pickup and removal of recycle (yellow) bin
|| $20.00 per bin
|Delivery of bin, 1x collection service/pickup and removal of food & organics (green) bin
|| $20.00 per bin
|Additional service/pickup of waste, recycling or food and organics bin (per service)
|| $10.00 per bin
|Additional servicing of Council's public place waste and recycling bins resulting from events