Development Design Manuals
The Northern Rivers Local Government Development Design and Construction Manuals have been developed as a resource sharing initiative involving Byron Shire Council, Lismore City Council, Kyogle Council, Richmond Valley Council, Ballina Shire Council and Clarence Valley Council.
The document has been derived from the AusSpec Development Specification series and modified to suit the specific needs of our region.The initiative has provided uniform development standards for the region via a clear and comprehensive set of requirements for development infrastructure design and construction.
Both the community and the development industry now have clear instruction for development infrastructure requirements in the Northern Rivers area. The development industry is encouraged to utilise these guidelines before planning begins, enabling faster and more effective processing of developments through Council.
Development Design Manual
Council's standard drawings for works associated with developments as required by conditions of development consent.
- SW-01A Side Entry Gully Pit and Antiponding – Lip in Line
- SW-02A Manholes, Field Inlet Pits Grated Inlet/Junction Pit Details
- SW-03A Field Inlet Pit Domed Top Cover
- SW-04A Security Grate for Stormwater Outlets
- SW-05A Step Iron Details
- SW-06A Pipe Installation Conditions
- SW-07A Hydraulic Capture Charts, Lip in Line, on Grade Gully Pit, Mountable Kerb
- SW-08A Hydraulic Capture Charts, Lip in Line, on Grade Gully Pit, Upright Kerb
- SW-09A Hydraulic Capture Charts, Lip in Line, SAG Gully Pit, 2400, 3600 & 4800 Lintels
Sample Drawings Disclaimer
Council's Construction Manual for works associated with developments as required by conditions of development consent.
Need further information?
Council's Development Support Officers (DSOs) are available to answer planning related questions. To speak with a DSO