Pay a parking fine
Parking fines are set by the NSW Ministry and the NSW Roads and Maritime Services.
To pay or contest a fine visit the Revenue NSW website.
Contest a fine
A parking infringement cannot be withdrawn by Council once it has been issued or commenced.
To contest a fine, see the appeals procedure which is provided on the reverse of the penalty notice, or contact Revenue NSW and include the following in your letter:
- clear copy of the fine (marked 'penalty infringement notice' at the top)
- identification number displayed on the meter
- date and time you attempted to use the meter
- brief description of the problem you encountered
- reference number supplied by the parking meter customer service centre (if available).
Conducting this process through Revenue NSW prevents any potential conflict of interest with Council and staff.