At its meeting on 28 August 2014 Council resolved to place on public exhibition proposed changes to its adopted Fees and Charges for 2014/15. The proposed changes are:
- Pensioner family passes for Mullumbimby and Byron Bay Swimming Pools
Clarify their validity for both pools
- Activities on Crown Reserves
Rectify wording, formatting, and GST flags
- Inclusion of a fee of $50.00 for “Certificate as to classification as to Land under Section 54”
- Rectify filming fees to ensure compliance with LG Filming Protocol 2009
- Clarify definitions at the beginning of the Property Services section
- Increase to the merchant fee for payments made to Council utilising a credit card from 0.53% to 0.70%.
- Amend cemetery fees to include the following items:
- Reservation of a plot in the new sections of cemeteries $150.00 (GST incl)
- Replacement of existing small plaque on columbarium wall $230.00 (GST incl)
- Installation of new (larger) plaque on columbarium wall $330.00 (GST incl
- Amend waste management fees to include the following items:
- Removal of the $52.00 per tonne fee for clean soil/dirt/sand at the Myocum Waste and Recycling Centre as the landfill is now closed and material can no longer be accepted.
- Insert new fees for Special Event Charges.
* Special Event Waste Collection - $35.00 per bin
* Special Event Recycling Collection - $25.00 per bin
* Special Event Additional Service/Pick-up (Waste and Recycling) - $10.00 per service/pick up.
- Lone Goat Gallery, Byron Bay Library
Sale of postcards $2.00 each, sale of cards at $5.00 each.
- Amend charges for worm farms to $70.00.
The proposed amendments are on exhibition for a period of 28 days and are available at Council's administration centre, community access points around the Shire or on Council’s website at www.byron.nsw.gov.au/public-exhibition.
Enquiries: James Brickley 02 6626 7090
Submissions should be made in writing and addressed to the General Manager, Byron Shire Council, PO Box 219 Mullumbimby 2482 or sent by email to email@example.com. Emailed submissions to this address only will be acknowledged.
Submissions will be made public in accordance with Schedule 1 Part 3 Clause 1(a)(vi) within Schedule 5 Part 2 of the GIPA 2009 Regulations as applicable including both the substance of the submission and the identity of the author. For assistance with this please call Council’s Records Coordinator on 02 6626 7113.