Byron Bay Masterplan
The Byron Bay Town Centre Masterplan presents a vision and strategy to guide the future of Byron's town centre, and to set out realistic actions and projects to achieve that vision. It outlines a delivery timeframe of 20 years, including short, medium and long-term priorities for the future of Byron.
Read the Byron Bay Masterplan(PDF, 24MB)
Council is rolling out projects that deliver on the masterplan's short-term priorities. The Byron Masterplan Guidance Group, comprising 22 passionate and knowledgeable community members, is working with Council to ensure that projects align with the values of the Byron community.
Minutes of the Byron Masterplan Guidance Group:
Guidance Group minutes 23 May 2018(PDF, 75KB)
Guidance Group minutes 10 July 2018(PDF, 125KB)
Expressions of Interest
The Byron Masterplan Guidance Group is calling for Expressions of Interest for new members, with a specific focus on youth and environmental representatives. Candidates for membership will need to demonstrate suitability on the basis of:
- An understanding of the role of Local Government
- An understanding of and interest in Byron Bay
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- The ability to effectively listen to, and cooperate with community members holding similar or different points of view
- An ability to develop and sustain contacts with key individuals and groups in the local community.
The Byron Masterplan Guidance Group Charter is available here.(PDF, 266KB)
The Expression of Interest form is available here.
Expressions of Interest close on 7 September 2018.
- Railway Park upgrade
- Byron Bay bus interchange
- Jonson Street protection works upgrade to begin in 2018
- Town Centre Planning Controls Review
Place Manager - Byron Bay