Community Initiatives Program (Section 356)
Council's Community Initiatives Program aims to improve community wellbeing and quality of life for Byron Shire residents.
This fund is for community initiatives that address:
- a specific community need
- build a sense of community
- align with Council's goals.
When is funding available?
The next round of funding is expected to be offered in April 2021.
The round of funding offered in July 2020 is currently being assessed and successful applicants will be notified in early September 2020.
About the Community Initiatives Program
Applicants need to:
- read the guidelines to understand if their organisation and project are eligible for funding;
- show a matching contribution to the proposed project as outlined in the guidelines;
- complete an application form on the template provided.
The following documents outline the program in detail:
Council provides community donations under Section 356 of the Local Government Act. These donations are determined by the Community Initiatives Program (Section 356) Policy and Guidelines.
For further information about the Community Initiatives Program contact the Social & Cultural Development Team on 02 6626 7000.