Community Volunteer Registration
Unfortunately we are not going ahead with the planting. Sadly we just don’t have enough volunteers for the day. However, our works crew will plant the area Ewingsdale area in the coming weeks.
Feedback from some of our helpers has suggested that perhaps the Beautify areas should be located in town centres so they are more visible.
I’ll be in touch when we have our next one. For the small number of people we said Yes, a BIG thank you.
Join our next Beautify Days - Cancelled
Sunday 14 August from 9am - Ewingsdale Road
Our goal is to landscape the easement on Ewingsdale Road near the cycle bridge to improve aesthetics, improve runoff quality and reduce potential for week infestation. We will meet at the Cavanbah Centre carpark, sign on at either 9 or 10am. Work will finish at 12 midday with lunch provided to volunteers at the Cavanbah Centre. Water, tools and gloves will be provided, please wear a hat and covered footwear. Due to heavy traffic on Ewingsdale Rd a commuter bus will be used to transport volunteers to and from the site from the Cavanbah Centre, please do not attempt to park on the side of Ewingsdale Rd.
Sunday 21 August from 9am - Kolora Way
We'll meet on the corner of Kolora Way and Helen St, sign on either 9 or 10. Work will finish at 12 with lunch provided to volunteers. Water, tools and gloves will be provided, please wear a hat and covered footwear. The focus of the work will be to plant an avenue of 27 local rainforest trees in the newly completed centre islands.
Sign up below and help us Beautify our Shire
We'd appreciate if you could answer the following questions to assist with our planning and preparation for the day. Please enter details for everyone in your family and or group. You will need to return a form for each member of your group.
The information provided will only be used by Council for the purpose of the community day coordination.
The efforts of community members who contribute to the betterment of their Shire are appreciated and Council acknowledges the personal sacrifices made.
As a volunteer of Byron Shire Council the following conditions apply:
1. Unfortunately no payment will be made to you by Council, unless otherwise resolved by Council.
2. Parking: Unfortunately, Council is unable to provide you with free or reserved parking while completing your volunteer role. Council is unable to reimburse you for parking fees OR pay parking and speeding fines or other driving offence.
3. While acting as a volunteer, a limited personal accident insurance cover will be affected by Council subject to the terms and conditions for the policy.
4. Only while you are assisting Council as a Volunteer and while your assistance is approved/controlled and/or known by Council, you will be covered for Public Liability Insurance.
a) Volunteers who are appointed are covered within the terms and conditions of the Council’s Public Liability Insurance policy for third party personal injury or damage to property caused by an occurrence in connection with the business of the Council.
b) The policy does not cover Volunteers whilst driving their own vehicles. Council strongly recommends that all volunteer staff using private vehicles are covered by their own comprehensive insurance policy.
c) Council does not pay insurance costs for private vehicles and will not cover costs incurred by Volunteers driving uninsured / unregistered vehicles.
d) If the Volunteer requests (eg. friends and relatives) to assist them with their role, their details are to be provided to Council to be covered by Public Liability Insurance while carrying out their task.
5. Should any injury occur to you while you are acting as a volunteer of Council you must notify your Supervisor / Risk Management Officer and immediately, or as soon as practicable.
6. Any incident which occurs in which injury or property damage to other parties may arise must be reported immediately or as soon as practicable to the Supervisory / Risk Management Officer.
7. Under the terms of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, you must follow all established policies, practices, procedures and instructions of Council which apply to the tasks you have volunteered to perform.
8. You are expected to perform the task you have volunteered to perform with all due care, skill and diligence.