Potable water delivery
Council is providing a new water carting service for Byron Shire residents to ease the increasing demand for tank water supply experienced in recent drought conditions.
From Monday 9 December 2019, Council will provide water deliveries of up to 12,000L, 7 days a week until the drought breaks.
Deliveries will be made between the following times:
- 7 am to 6 pm weekdays.
- 6 am to 5 pm weekends.
Delivery time will be advised once your booking has been confirmed.
How do I book?
Bookings can be made by calling 02 6685 9319 between 8 am and 4 pm Monday to Friday.
How do I make payment?
The cost is $350.00 which allows for delivery of up to 12,000L of water.
After booking you will be sent an official Booking Number and a Credit Card Authorisation Form to complete and return.
Alternatively, payment can be made in person at the Council offices at 70 Station Street, Mullumbimby with your official Booking Number.
Once payment has been received, deliveries will be scheduled in the order they were received.
What information will I need to provide?
Council staff will require the following information at the time of booking:
- Full Name
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Does the property have a locked gate?
- Are there dogs on the property?
- Will the water truck need to go forwards or backwards up the drive?
You will also be asked:
- Is the property easily identifiable? For example by a letter box or number on the gate.
- Are there any trees overhanging the access to your tank?
- Is there a causeway or bridge on your property? Please note our truck weighs 24 tonnes.
- Does water enter your tank from the top or the bottom?
- If entering from the top, you need to have a safe ladder to access the tank.
- If entering from the bottom, you need to have the necessary fittings.
- How far is it to pump to the tank? Please note, we only have 20 metres of hose.
Is there anything else I need to do for delivery?
- Prior to delivery, you will receive a confirmation text message. You are required to reply before 3pm to ensure your booking is kept.
- You will need to ensure that you are home for delivery.
- For top entry tanks, you will be required to attach the hose to your tank - drivers are not authorised to climb.
- You will need to ensure the tank is open, clear and accessible - you will be required to move any screen/filter as required for tank access.