Your yellow recycling bin
Your yellow recycling bin is picked up fortnightly.Using you yellow recycling bin helps keep over 4,500 tonnes of valuable materials out of landfill each year.
Everything you put in your recycling bin will be processed in to new recycled materials.
- Aluminium cans (empty & clean)
- Aluminium foil (clean)
- Clean paper and cardboard
- Cardboard egg cartons
- Cartons milk and juice (lids off)
- CD covers
- Glass jars and bottles (clean & lids off)
- Plastic containers and bottles (clean & lids off)
- Steel tins and cans (clean)
- Strawberry and other fruit punnets
- Tetra paks (lids off)
What can't go in your yellow recycling bin?
If a recycling bin has any of these items in it, a whole truck load of recycling can be sent to landfill. It can also get stuck in our recycling machinery and makes our recycling teams job much harder.
- Aerosol cans
- Bottle lids (smaller than a credit card)
- Cables, cords and rope
- Chip packets
- Takeaway coffee cups and lids
- Meat and Biscuit trays
- Plastic bags and other soft plastics
- Plastic straws, plates & cutlery
- String and twine
- Soiled paper and cardboard
- Waxed paper and cardboard