Your red landfill bin
Your red landfill bin is collected fortnightly and is for waste that is not reusable or recyclable and ends up buried in landfill.
Sending waste to landfill is expensive, a waste of resources and harmful to our environment. It's up to all of us to think about the waste we create and to reduce, reuse and recycle as much as we can.
What can you put in your red landfill bin?
- Aerosol cans
- Baby food pouches
- Bottle lids (smaller than a credit card)
- Broken crockery
- Cable, cords and rope
- Chip packets
- Cigarette butts
- All disposable nappies including compostable options
- All wipes (keep wipes out of our pipes!)
- Loose soft plastics (eg cling wrap and plastic bags)
- Meat and biscuit trays
- Takeaway coffee cups and lids
- Laminated paper and stickers
- Plastic straws, plates & cutlery
- Waxed paper and cardboard