1. Compulsory rural domestic waste bin collection service charge
Once you have contacted us to order you bins we will start delivering from Monday 2 July 2018, along with an education pack to help you get started with the new bin service.
You may start using the bins as soon as you receive them, but you will only be charged from 1 August.
2. New 140L landfill bin option
- If you elect to change the capacity of your landfill bin (red lid) from 240L to 140L We will start to swap and deliver bins from Monday 2 July 2018.
Please ensure your 240L bin is accessible for changeover during this period
If you request the change before 1 July 2018, the reduced annual collection charge will be reflected on your 2018/19 Rates and Charges Notice.
- If you elected to purchase the garden compost bin and kitchen food scraps caddy;
We will deliver these to your property with the delivery of your new 140L landfill bin.
The subsidised cost of $25 and delivery is only available to 30 September 2018 and the cost will be included as a one-off charge on your 2018/19 Rates and Charges Notice.
From 1 October 2018, these products can be purchased from Council at a cost of $47 and $6 respectively.
3. New three bin system in Federal Village
We will deliver your new organics bin between 26-29 June 2018, along with a kitchen bench-top caddy for food scraps, a roll of compostable liners and an education pack to help you get started.
The weekly collection of your green organics bin will start on Wednesday 4 July, on your normal collection day.