Download the maps to see the location of free and pay parking spaces, plus time limits, for Byron Bay.
All day parking
All day pay parking is available at:
- Clarkes Beach Car Park
- Jonson Street, south of Kingsley Street
- Lawson Street, east of Middleton St
- Sections of Shirley St, Wordsworth St, Middleton St, and Marvell St.
Council-operated car parks
- Main Beach car park has 95 parking spaces, including five mobility spaces.
- Lawson St North car park has 135 parking spaces including three mobility spaces.
- Lawson St South car park has 74 parking spaces, including one mobility space.
- Clarkes Beach car park has 90 parking spaces, including two mobility spaces.
Council car parks are closed to all vehicles between the hours of 1am to 5am. Parking signs and the meter will detail which amount and what time limit applies.
Butler St Reserve
Butler St Reserve is currently closed due to the construction of the Byron Bay bypass. View a Map of alternative free parking(PDF, 637KB) during the Butler St Reserve closure.
Primary school parking
- School visitors: All day parking is available in Tennyson Street at no cost. During pickup and drop off times, there are free 30-minute periods to assist parents and carers from 8am to 10am and 2pm to 4pm.
- School staff: Teachers and staff members at Byron Bay Public School and Byron Community Primary School may apply for an Interim permit to receive exemptions to time limits in specific streets surrounding their school, conditions apply.