We are delivering more than $5 million of works as part of a major overhaul and renewal of Bangalow’s Byron Creek Bridge and Bangalow Road.
Byron Creek Bridge is open
After seven months, works on Bangalow's Byron Creek Bridge have been completed on time and budget. Thanks to
- $700,000 from the Australian Government's Bridges Renewal program.
- $1.4m investment from Council.
The 45m long bridge features:
- three spans with a wider central span for improved hydraulics during flood events
- two 3.5m wide traffic lanes
- 1.5m wide shoulders for cyclist safety and a future shared path to improve access and safety.
Bangalow Road works progressing well
The 1.2km reconstruction of Bangalow Road from Tinderbox Road to the Byron Creek Bridge is progressing well and is scheduled for completion before Christmas 2020.
More road improvements in 2021
More roadworks and safety improvements are planned for a further 8kms from the Byron Creek Bridge in an easterly direction up to the Red Devils Park / Golf Course. We are not resurfacing the entire 8kms however sections of the road will be getting safety improvements including line-marking, signage, road upgrades and curve widening.
These roadworks and safety improvements are on track for commencement in January 2021 and will take around three months to complete.
Map highlighting the Bangalow Road and Byron Creek bridge works