We are working on the restoration of the rail corridor in the centre of Byron Bay.
Construction is expected to be completed byJuly 2021.
Aim of the project
- Open up the area between Lawson Street and the new bus interchange.
- Create a pedestrian and cycling link across the town centre.
- Improve accessibility of this unused area.
- A boardwalk and pathways from Butler Street and the western side of the rail corridor, into the town centre and Railway Park.
- Restoration of the heritage features of the area.
- The rail track will remain in place during this time.
Funding and other projects
The rail corridor project sits within a precinct that incorporates:
These projects represent over $40 million of infrastructure investment in the heart of Byron Bay.