Pedestrian Access & Mobility Plan (PAMP)
Council has prepared a 10 year Pedestrian Access and Mobility Plan (PAMP). The PAMP provides a strategic and holistic approach to footpath provision and maintenance across the Shire. The purpose of the Plan is to:
- Identify priorities for pedestrians
- Improve footpaths and footpath networks.
- Assist us in prioritising works
- Enable community groups to prepare strategically-aligned grant applications in the future.
How was the Pedestrian Access and Mobility Plan developed?
During October and November 2018, we asked the community to have their say by:
- Completing an online survey.
- Attending one of five design workshops.
The draft plan went on public exhibition for a period of 28 days, until 26 July 2019.
The Byron Shire PAMP was submitted to Council for adoption on 26 September 2019. Council deferred the decision to the October meeting to ensure the community had a chance to review the changes made in developing the final document.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this consultation.
View the Pedestrian Access and Mobility Plan documents