Balemo Drive Ocean Shores - new shared path
- Project typeSharepath
- Project value$927,707
- Completion Date30 June 2021
Council has secured funding from NSW Goverment through Traffic for New South Wales (TfNSW) to complete stage 2 of the Balemo Drive share path.
Stage 2 will:
- Connect the existing cycleway at Brunswick Valley Way and Orana Road with the existing share path at Balemo Drive.
- Join the built share paths at Balemo Drive between Mundurra Avenue and Jardine Court.
- Complete the full length of the project with 2.3km of sharepath along Balemo Drive.
- Increase safety for cyclists and pedestrians.
- Improve connectivity with other shared paths in Ocean Shores, parks, Ocean Shores Shopping Centre, Community Centre, Brunswick Heads bike path and Billinudgel.
Construction of Stage 2 has now started and is expected to be completed by June 2021.
The map shows the section of shared path on Balemo Drive that will be constructed at stage 2 of the project. The section that has already been installed as part of stage 1 is also shown.