Balemo Drive Ocean Shores - new shared path
- Project typeSharepath
- Project value$927,707
- Completion Date07 May 2021
Council secured funding from NSW Goverment through Traffic for New South Wales (TfNSW) to complete stage 2 of the Balemo Drive share path.
The project included:
- Connecting the existing cycleway at Brunswick Valley Way and Orana Road with the existing share path at Balemo Drive.
- Joining the built share paths at Balemo Drive between Mundurra Avenue and Jardine Court.
- Completing the full length of the project with 2.3km of sharepath along Balemo Drive.
- Increasing safety for cyclists and pedestrians.
- Improving connectivity with other shared paths in Ocean Shores, parks, Ocean Shores Shopping Centre, Community Centre, Brunswick Heads bike path and Billinudgel.
Construction was completed in May 2021.