Balemo Drive Ocean Shores - new shared path
- Project typeSharepath
- Project value$927,707
- Completion Date30 June 2021
Council has secured funding from NSW Goverment through Traffic for New South Wales (TfNSW) to complete stage 2 of the Balemo Drive share path.
Stage 2 will:
- Connect the existing cycleway at Brunswick Valley Way and Orana Road with the existing share path at Balemo Drive.
- Join the built share paths at Balemo Drive between Mundurra Avenue and Jardine Court.
- Complete the full length of the project with 2.3km of sharepath along Balemo Drive.
- Increase safety for cyclists and pedestrians.
- Improve connectivity with other shared paths in Ocean Shores, parks, Ocean Shores Shopping Centre, Community Centre, Brunswick Heads bike path and Billinudgel.
Construction of Stage 2 will begin in early 2021 and is expected to be completed by June 2021.
The map shows the section of shared path on Balemo Drive that will be constructed at stage 2 of the project. The section that has already been installed as part of stage 1 is also shown.