The purpose of the Heritage Panel is to provide support and advice to Council on heritage matters.
The Panel can:
Assist Council in the development of policies and strategies including the preparation of a Heritage Strategy and the management of natural and cultural heritage generally in the Byron Shire.
Advise Council staff, the Heritage Adviser and the Council on matters relating to the ongoing implementation of the Heritage Strategy (once completed).
Assist Council to procure and allocate funding assistance and to recommend projects for which funding should be sought in line with the Heritage Strategy (once completed).
Provide access to the general community to distribute information and public input into heritage management such as nominating additional properties for assessment of heritage significance.
Advise Council on a range of heritage-related matters which are of interest to the community, in particular, providing expertise, local knowledge and guidance on heritage matters and heritage assessments.
- Cr Cameron
- Cr Hunter
- Cr Martin
Historical Society Members:
- Brunswick Valley/Mullumbimby Historical Society - Mr Chris Cooney
- Bangalow Historical Society - Mr Don Osborne
- Byron Bay Historical Society - Mr Donald Maughan
1 representative each from:
- the Bundjalung of Byron Bay Aboriginal Corporation (Arakwal) - Sharon Sloane
- Tweed Byron Local Aboriginal Council - Leweena Williams
- Jali Aboriginal Land Council - Mr Mik Smith
- Janet Kneale
- Joe Vescio
- Robyn Wright
- 29 March 2018
- 28 June 2018
- 30 August 2018
Click here to read Minutes from the Heritage Panel.