Subdivision Works Certificate

The Environmental Planning & Assessment Act (EP&A Act  defines subdivision work as any physical activity authorised to be carried out under the conditions of a development consent for the subdivision of land.  A development consent that enables the subdivision of land may authorise the carrying out of any physical activity in, on, under or over land in connection with the subdivision, including the construction of roads and stormwater drainage systems.

Subdivision work includes, but is not limited to, the following: 

  • earthwork
  • roadwork, including pavement and finishing
  • stormwater drainage work
  • landscaping work
  • erosion and sedimentation control work
  • structural work (e.g. retaining walls, bridges, etc.)
  • work associated with driveways and parking bays, including pavement and finishing.      

Subdivision work can not be commenced until the following matters have been addressed (together with other matters specified in the EP & A Act):

  1. a Certificate for the subdivision work has been issued, and
  2. a Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) for the subdivision work has been appointed.

Apply for a Subdivision Works Certificate.

Need further information?

Council's Development Support team is available at Council's Customer Service Centre between 8.30am and 4.30pm, by phone on 02 6626 7025, or email your enquiry to