FB Contracting has recently been contracted by Byron Shire Council to complete construction of a new water main along Lighthouse Rd in Byron Bay. The newly installed water mains ensure the reliability and sustainability of water services in your area.
FB Contracting will start work from Monday the 11/02/19 along Lighthouse Rd, Byron Bay. Works will begin up at the Lighthouse and proceed down Lighthouse Rd towards Brooke Pass.
The project is expected to take about 6 weeks to complete - subject to weather and ground conditions. The crew will then return to complete final connection works, pipe testing and restoration.
Night works: 8pm - 5am, Sunday - Thursday (the majority of pipeline construction works)
Day works: 7am - 6pm, Monday - Saturday (restoration and preliminary works)
Some works have been scheduled after-hours to comply with approved traffic permits and minimise the impacts of planned water outages when the new water main is connected to the network. Crews will endeavour to complete high noise work as early as possible each night (site conditions permitting).
What to expect
Water main replacement work involves excavation of pits in the road, footpath and nature strip when laying new pipes. During construction, nearby residents and businesses might be impacted by:
- installation of a temporary bypass supply to maintain water services during construction
- night work with lighting, construction vehicle movements and the use of noise generating machinery, including an excavator and grinder
- some footpath access and on-street parking might be temporarily unavailable
- changed traffic conditions and possible lane closures around work sites, with traffic management in place to manage traffic flow and maintain property access.
- temporary water outages. Customers will be notified at least two days prior to any planned temporary disruption to water supply
- some driveway impacts to remove and replace the existing water pipe. Impacts to driveways will be minimised where possible and we will work with customers to maintain vehicle access during construction.
How will the impacts be managed?
The project team will manage the construction impacts by:
- placing barriers and suitable signage around the work areas during excavation
- minimising noise and dust and managing both at the source, to the extent possible
- using traffic management to ensure the safety of road users and pedestrians
- temporarily restoring disturbed roads, driveways and footpaths to allow for continued use while work is in progress
- restoring affected roads, driveways and footpaths as close to their original condition as possible, after the work is completed
Please take care and observe all signposting, speed limits and any directions given by traffic controllers.