The dedication of our volunteers places halls at the heart of the community.
- Do you love where you live?
- Do you want to meet new people?
- Do you want to make things happen locally?
- Do you want to create new connections?
Calling for community members to manage community halls
Council is calling for nominations for additional members to the following hall committees:
- Brunswick Valley Community Centre Management Committee
- Ocean Shores Community Centre Management Committee
- Suffolk Park Community Hall Management Committee
Love Byron Halls is an initiative to celebrate your halls and venues as spaces to get together. We want you to help create a new history in your town or village. Research shows that community involvement in managing community facilities provides better outcomes for locals by engaging and including people and providing an opportunity to participate in community life.
Nomination forms, further information such as Terms of Reference, the ‘Halls and Venues Guidelines for Section 355 Management Committees and Boards’ and past meeting minutes can be found here on Council’s website. To apply complete a nomination form and email to email@example.com.
Nominations Close: Friday 12 July 2019
Enquiries: Joanne McMurtry, Community Project Officer.