Council is currently calling for nominations for community members to the Water, Waste and Sewer Advisory Committee.
Candidates for membership of the Committee will need to demonstrate suitability on the basis of the following criteria:
- An interest in the water cycle and waste cycle management needs
- Assist in recommending on strategies and plans that address water and waste management issues in a regional/ broader context
- Assist develop strategies for natural resource management / demand management for water, sewer and waste management within the Shire
- An understanding of the role of Local Government
- A commitment to consultative processes
- An ability to develop and sustain contacts with key individuals and groupings in the local community
- The ability to effectively listen to, and cooperate with community members holding similar or different points of view
All applications for nomination must be submitted on an approved nomination form.