Assistance with paying your rates
If you are experiencing difficulty paying your rates and water accounts as a result of COVID-19, you can apply for a temporary payment plan.
Existing COVID-19 plans will automatically be extended until 25 March 2021. You do not have to apply again. We will review payment agreements in April 2021 and contact ratepayers to provide more information.
How does the payment plan work?
- Ratepayers can pay whatever they can afford however, a minimum payment of $50 per month per property is required. Council encourages you pay more than the minimum to reduce the debt that you will need to repay later.
- Payments can be made to your rates account or split between your rates and water accounts (as long as the total paid equals or exceeds $50 per month).
- You can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Original COVID-19 payment plans will have interest charges on unpaid or overdue amounts between 1 April 2020 and 25 March 2021 written off if the payment agreement is honoured.
- New COVID-19 arrangements from 1 October 2020 will have interest written off from 1 January 2021 to 25 March 2021 if the payment agreement is honoured.
- Interest is charged at 0.00% between 1 July 2020 and 31 December 2020.
How to set up a payment plan?
All ratepayers are eligible to apply.
To arrange a payment plan, complete the simple online application form below which includes full terms and conditions. Approval will be automatic once you submit the application form.
Apply for payment plan
The COVID-19 temporary payment plan provides additional support to Council’s debt management and financial hardship policy.
Please contact Council’s rating team if you have any further queries.