Assistance with paying your rates
If you are experiencing difficulty paying your rates and water accounts as a result of COVID-19 circumstances, Council is offering a temporary payment plan to provide financial assistance to ratepayers.
How does the payment plan work?
- All ratepayers are eligible to apply.
- At this stage, temporary COVID-19 payment agreements will be offered up to 30 September 2020.
- Council will review COVID-19 payment agreements in September 2020 and contact ratepayers early October 2020 to provide further information about future actions.
- Ratepayers can pay whatever they can afford however, a minimum payment of $50 per month per property is required. Council encourages you pay more than the minimum to reduce the debt that you will need to repay later.
- Payments can be made to your rates account or split between your rates and water accounts (as long as the total paid equals or exceeds $50 per month).
- You can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Interest charges on unpaid or overdue amounts between 1 April 2020 and 30 September 2020 will be written off if the payment agreement is honoured.
How to set up a payment plan?
To arrange a payment plan, complete the simple online application form which includes full terms and conditions. Approval will be automatic once you submit the application form.
Apply for payment plan
The COVID-19 temporary payment plan provides additional support to Council’s debt management and financial hardship policy.
Please contact Council’s rating team if you have any further queries.