Caring deeply about the health of our beaches and fragile coastal lands as well as our creative, inventive and cosmopolitan communities, Jan trusts her career skills of informed decision making, transparency, consultation and teamwork, will be effective in supporting Council in bringing the community together with the provision of viable, sustainable growth and prosperity on into the future.
In the early 1970s in London, Jan did temp work in the travel industry, hospitality, accountancy and drafting.
Since retirement and return to the Byron shire, Jan has run a small business (sole trader), and done volunteer work in our regional galleries. She has also compiled and self-published a book of her father's stories of growing up in Byron Bay in the early 1900s, called "In Those Days".
- Dip. Art Ed., Newcastle
- Grad. Dip. Gallery Management, UNSW
- MA (Education), Macquarie University
- Cr Hackett is one of the Councillor representatives on:
- Arts Northern Rivers Board of Directors
- Byron Shire Floodplain Risk Management Committee
- Coastal Estuary Catchment Panel
- Lone Goat Gallery Board of Management
- Public Art Panel
Alternate Delegate Membership