Speak at a Council meeting
Council meetings will continue to be held unless advice is received from the NSW and Australian Governments. We encourage the public to not attend Council Meetings during the pandemic period. You can listen to the recording of the meetings via our website by visiting our Council audio web page.
People who are not feeling well are asked not to attend Council meetings. Hygiene protocols will be in place.
NSW Health encourages people considering attending to:
- stay home and not attend if you are feeling unwell
- stay home and not attend if you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- practice good personal hygiene including:
- cleaning your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand run
- covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbows
- attempt to keep a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and other people where possible
- avoid shaking hands, hugging, or kissing other people
Further advice about Council's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
Public access relating to items on agendas is granted on the day of the meeting and will be heard at the start of the meeting. Requests for public access should be made to the General Manager or the Mayor no later than 12.00 midday one day prior to the meeting. Requests for public access must be made using the form provided below.
People wanting to speak to items on the agenda will be listed for public access in the same order the items appear on the agenda. People may request one speech each on an item on the Agenda. All requests must make it clear whether the speaker is generally speaking in favour of, or against, the recommended action(s) in the report.
Should there be more than one speaker addressing Council on the same item, speakers will share the allocated five minutes for speeches in favour, and share the allocated five minutes for speeches against the recommended action(s) in the report. For example, if two people are speaking in favour of Report 13.1, each speaker will have 2.5 minutes for their speech.
The Mayor will ask speakers if they will accept questions from Councillors during their submission.
Click here to view form.
Approved Submissions(PDF, 73KB)