We are committed to giving great customer service by
- being respectful, proactive and friendly
- listening and actively seeking solutions
- providing accurate and timely information.
As customers, you can help us by:
- providing relevant and accurate information
- treating staff with respect and courtesy
- respecting the privacy and rights of other community members.
All Council staff are ‘customer service officers’. We are available to listen to and answer your questions and concerns.
We promise to:
- answer calls quickly
- have staff available at our Mullumbimby Service Centre during business hours to respond to your enquiries
- keep Council's website and online services running
- acknowledge emails to email@example.com immediately and provide initial responses to emails quickly
- for development services - to determine development applications under delegation in an average of 70 days and modification applications in an average of 50 days
- for building services - to have 80% of construction certificate applications processed in less than 28 working days and 80% of complying development certificate applications in less than 20 working days
- for residents using Report It services - to immediately provide an acknowledgement that includes a reference number
- address issues reported with household waste, green waste or recycling bin services resolved within 2 business days.
There are a range of ways to Contact us to provide feedback and complaints.
When enquiries are of a technical or specialised nature, a detailed message will be forwarded to the relevant staff member who will contact you as soon as possible.
To report an issue or request a service online use Report it.
We continue to work towards providing an accessible website.
If you have trouble accessing any content or documents on our website, please provide feedback or request an alternative using the online form.