Community Initiatives Program (Section 356)
Council's Community Initiatives Program aims to improve community wellbeing and quality of life for Byron Shire residents.
This fund is for community initiatives that address:
- a specific community need
- build a sense of community
- align with Council's goals.
When is funding available?
The next round of funding is NOW OPEN (from 11 May 2020) and applications close at 4pm Friday 3 July 2020.
To assist you in developing your application, in lieu of a Funding Workshop, a range of online resources and tips are available online.
The Free Resources for Grant Writing webpage contains:
- a short video from Council's Grants Officer about how to write a good grant application
- a link to .id profile demographic resources and links to short online tutorials to get the best out of this data.
A 20 minute video outlining the key features of the Community Initiatives Program. is available to watch below.
If you are having difficulty viewing this video, watch the Community Initiatives Program - Grant application support video over on YouTube.
About the Community Initiatives Program
Applicants need to:
- read the guidelines to understand if their organisation and project are eligible for funding;
- show a matching contribution to the proposed project as outlined in the guidelines;
- complete an application form on the template provided.
The following documents outline the program in detail:
Council provides community donations under Section 356 of the Local Government Act. These donations are determined by the Community Initiatives Program (Section 356) Policy and Guidelines.
For further information about the Community Initiatives Program contact the Social & Cultural Development Team on 02 6626 7000.