Our Cultural Days activity book
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Days activity booklet was produced by Byron Shire Council with representatives of the Bundjalung of Byron Bay Arakwal People and artists from the local Aboriginal community.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Days activity booklet was funded by National Reconciliation Week, the Department of Premier and Cabinet and Byron Shire Council to commemorate the 50 years of the 1967 Referendum and 25 years since the Mabo Native Title decision was handed down.
This booklet was made in the Byron Shire, New South Wales, Australia in May 2017. It includes activities and information on;
- Survival Day - Invasion Day
- National Close the Gap Day
- National Reconciliation Week
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children's Day
and other important days of social and historical importance.
Terms and Use of this Book
• Copyright of the artwork this book remains with each of the individual artists.
• Artwork in the Our Cultural Days Activity Book can not be reproduced for any purposes.
• Pages in the book can be copied and distributed for free to children and young people for the purposes of education.
• The Our Cultural Days Activity Book cannot be reproduced in full without permission of the project team.