Welcome to Byron Shire's meeting place of sport and culture.
We now have a live, online calendar to assist you with your booking at the Cavanbah Centre and for Byron Shire's sports fields.
If you would like to hold an event for more than 100 people at the Cavanbah Centre please click on the link below to complete your online enquiry form.
Book the Cavanbah Centre
Book a sports field in Byron Shire
Book an event at the Cavanbah for 100 people or more
The Cavanbah Centre has the following spaces for hire:
- Two meeting rooms (30 pax)
- Two multi-purpose rooms (80-92 pax)
- Indoor auditorium and sports hall with two full sized, multi-use courts and stage (500-1500 pax)
- Three outdoor basketball / netball courts
- Canteen use for outdoor sports playing fields
- Foyer to display sculptures and artwork
Download the Cavanbah Centre map with dimensions(PDF, 495KB) .
Take a walk inside....
Monday to Friday 8.00am to 9.30pm
Saturday 9.00am to 4.00pm
Sunday 9.30am to 4.00pm
Please note: Closed on Public Holidays.
Visit our Facebook page and "Like" the Centre's page to stay up to date with what's going on.
The complex also provides a range of facilities including:
- Player and referee change rooms with showers
- Outdoor undercover area
- Wheelchair accessible venue
- Hearing loop
- Free car parking
- Wireless internet
- MP3 connectivity
The meeting rooms are perfect for conferences or business meetings. They are fully air-conditioned and can include tables, chairs and whiteboards.
The multi-purpose rooms are ideal for a range of sporting and community activities, classes and workshops. Both rooms have floor to ceiling mirrors (with optional curtains) for dance and other sporting activities. They can also be hired for functions, birthday parties or wedding receptions. The rooms are fully air-conditioned with polished timber flooring.
Auditorium and Sports Hall
The sports hall includes two full size courts with Olympic standard flooring. The floor is marked for basketball, netball, volleyball, badminton and futsal. The courts can be hired by groups for competition games and training. There are change rooms and showers close by for after the match.
The auditorium is great for hosting musical and theatrical performances, private functions, festivals, trade expos, community and cultural events. It is equipped with a stage and has the capacity to hold up to 900 people.
How to Book
- Click here to book the Cavanbah Centre via the online calendar.
- Familiarise yourself with the fees and charges and terms and conditions of hire.
- Carefully read the User Agreement.
- Have a valid Certificate of Currency of Public Liability Insurance to the value of $20 million in which Byron Shire Council is listed as an interested party.
Thinking of hosting your next event at the Cavanbah Centre?
Please complete the online form here.
Click here to book a sports field in Byron Shire or call 02 6685 5911.
In person, via direct deposit or by completing 'An Authority to Charge Credit Card Form.' Cheque, eftpos and credit card payments can be made at the Centre.
Byron Bay NSW Community Facility Officers
Ph: 02 6685 5911
View the Cavanbah Centre Monthly Timetable - February 2018
249 Ewingsdale Road, Byron Bay 2481 View Map