Welcome to Byron Shire's meeting place of sport and culture.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
All staff, user groups and patrons entering the Cavanbah Centre must adhered to the NSW Government regulations and Public Health Order relating to COVID-19. A number of safety measures are in place to help keep you safe. People not adhering to the safety measures in place will be asked to leave.
Operating hours for Saturday 21 to Friday 27 November 2020 are as follows:
| Saturday 21 November
|| 9:00am to 4:00pm
| Sunday 22 November
| Monday 23 November
|| 9:00am to 9:30pm
| Tuesday 24 November
|| 8:30am to 9:00pm
| Wednesday 25 November
|| 8:00am to 9:30pm
| Thursday 26 November
|| 8:30am to 9:00pm
| Friday 27 November
|| 9:00am to 8:30pm
* hours are subject to change in line with booking requirements
The health and safety of our staff and patrons is paramount. New safety measures have been put in place such as the installation of new hand-sanitising stations, sneeze screens at customer service desk, designated entry and exit doors, extra cleaning of the facility, and ensuring social distancing measures of 1.5m are in place at all times.
We ask that everyone adheres to the following safety protocols:
- Stay at home if you are unwell or have flu like symptoms
- Sign in on arrival for contact tracing requirements
- Wash or sanitise your hands before and after activities
- Bring along your own water bottle as water cooler is unavailable
- Bring along your own towel and wipe down your chair after use when participating in sport or exercise
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m at all times
- Cashless transactions are preferred
- We encourage you to download the COVIDSafe app
We thank you for your understanding during this re-opening COVID-19 period.
Bookings at the Cavanbah
The Cavanbah Centre is Byron Shire's premier sport and recreation centre. We have facilities that can cater for an array of different activities ranging from large-scale events, sporting events, exhibitions, meetings, workshops, conferences, weddings, etc.
The Centre boast's five outdoor sports fields, three out-door multi-purpose hard courts, two indoor multi-purpose sprung wooden floor courts, function room spaces, that also double as dance studios and meeting rooms.
The Cavanbah Centre has the following spaces for hire:
- Two meeting rooms (30 pax)
- Two multi-purpose rooms (80-92 pax)
- Indoor auditorium and sports hall with two full sized, multi-use courts and stage (500-1500 pax)
- Three outdoor basketball / netball courts
- Canteen use for outdoor sports playing fields
- Foyer to display sculptures and artwork
If you would like to view any of the available spaces listed or to make a booking, please contact one of the friendly staff on 02 6685 5911.
If you are planning on holding an event for more than 100 people at the Cavanbah Centre, please click on the link below to complete your online enquiry form and one of the friendly staff will be in contact to discuss your event requirements shortly.
Book an event at the Cavanbah for 100 people or more
Download the Cavanbah Centre map with dimensions(PDF, 495KB) .
Take a walk inside....
Visit our Facebook page and "Like" the Centre's page to stay up to date with what's going on.
The complex also provides a range of facilities including:
- Player and referee change rooms with showers
- Outdoor undercover area
- Wheelchair accessible venue
- Hearing loop
- Free car parking
- Wireless internet
- MP3 connectivity
The meeting rooms are perfect for conferences or business meetings. They are fully air-conditioned and can include tables, chairs and whiteboards.
The multi-purpose rooms are ideal for a range of sporting and community activities, classes and workshops. Both rooms have floor to ceiling mirrors (with optional curtains) for dance and other sporting activities. They can also be hired for functions, birthday parties or wedding receptions. The rooms are fully air-conditioned with polished timber flooring.
Auditorium and Sports Hall
The sports hall includes two full size courts with Olympic standard flooring. The floor is marked for basketball, netball, volleyball, badminton and futsal. The courts can be hired by groups for competition games and training. There are change rooms and showers close by for after the match.
The auditorium is great for hosting musical and theatrical performances, private functions, festivals, trade expos, community and cultural events. It is equipped with a stage and has the capacity to hold up to 900 people.
How to Book
- Familiarise yourself with the fees and charges and terms and conditions of hire.
- Carefully read the User Agreement.
- Have a valid Certificate of Currency of Public Liability Insurance to the value of $20 million in which Byron Shire Council is listed as an interested party.
Thinking of hosting your next event at the Cavanbah Centre?
Please complete the online form here.
Click here to book a sports field in Byron Shire or call 02 6685 5911.
In person, via direct deposit or by completing 'An Authority to Charge Credit Card Form.' Cheque, eftpos and credit card payments can be made at the Centre.
Cavanbah Centre Facility Officers
Ph: 02 6685 5911
View the Cavanbah Centre Monthly Timetable
249 Ewingsdale Road, Byron Bay 2481 View Map