Thanks to everyone who submitted an application for an Events and Festivals Sponsorship grant!
The following events were successful in receiving a grant.
- Global Beats Byron Bay Harmony Parade, Harmony Week 2024 - $3,500
- North Coast Mud Trail - $2,000
- Spring Plant Fair - $2,000
- Matsuri - $3,000
- Mullum Laneway Festival - $3,000
- Music in the Valley - $3,100
- Christmas Cheer in the Bay - $3,100
- Northern Rivers Revolt 2024 - $2,100
- Sample Food Festival - $2,100
- Queer Family music and storytelling evening - $1,100
These events are located in multiple locations around the Shire and are a variety of commercial, community and non-profit events.
Details will be published on our What's on page as they become available.
About the Events and Festivals Sponsorship fund
This grant aims to support local events and festivals that address one of the following themes:
- Embedding sustainability practices into local events.
- Supporting new and emerging events to assist them in establishing themselves.
- Supporting events to recover from the impacts of the COVID pandemic and floods.
A total pool of $25,000 was available, which was split across ten events.