Roads impacted by flood

Report road damage and potholes using Report it  

We're working on long term plans for the restoration of the road network in hinterland areas, including Main Arm, Coopers Creek and Upper Coopers Creek.

Work is ongoing in the short term to provide access to hinterland areas for local traffic and emergency services only. 

There are ongoing works to restore road access to properties at Huonbrook and Wanganui. 

We’re also working to repair potholes across the Byron Shire on a priority basis.

Crown paper roads impacted by flooding

Crown paper roads are owned and managed by the NSW Government.

Most Crown paper roads are in rural areas.

Sometimes Crown paper roads include driveways and accessways to private property. Private landowners are responsible for maintenance of those private accessways, including carrying out repairs to flood damage.

For more information Crown paper roads, flood affected landowners can: 

Through the regional recovery network, we have been advocating for additional support for landowners who had the private accessways to their homes damaged in the 2022 flood events.

When we are made aware of issues with private accessways, we can include it in our regular discussions with NSW Government.

Affected residents can contact us with the details of impacted private or Crown Roads by: