Flood support, donations and funding

Find information about how to donate and access disaster funding.

Byron Shire Council has launched a Mayoral Flood Recovery Appeal Fund.

Resilience NSW is the lead disaster management agency for NSW. They are responsible for disaster recovery and building community resilience to future disasters.

Safe Haven in Mullumbimby

The Safe Haven community support and wellbeing hub at Mullumbimby is open. 

Clinicians and support workers are at the hub to provide immediate care and help to people who need mental health support because of the floods.  

It’s a free service and no appointment is necessary. Just drop in.  

  • Open seven days a week 
  • 12pm – 6pm 
  • Behind the CWA Hall in Tincogan St, Mullumbimby

For more information go to Safe Haven North Coast | Free mental health support


Byron Shire Mayoral Flood Recovery Appeal Fund

The aim of the Mayoral Flood Recovery Appeal Fund is to raise money to support organisations that are helping residents and businesses recover from the floods.

Initially the fund will focus on allocating money to:

  • The Mullumbimby District Neighbourhood Centre and the Byron Community Centre to help with the purchase of community buses.
  • Improving telecommunications for communities in isolated areas by buying equipment to connect these communities in emergencies.

People can make donations via a bank account managed by Council.

  • Account name:  Byron Shire Natural Disaster Appeal Fund
  • BSB:  062 578
  • Account number:  10362795

NOTE:  Donations are not tax-deductible.



Northern Rivers Community Foundation Quick Response Grants

Northern Rivers Community Foundation (NRCF), in partnership with the Byron Community Centre, has launched the Northern Rivers Flood Relief Fund to offer quick response grants of up to $10,000 for not-for-profit community organisations. 

Applications are now open. Grants will be awarded on a weekly basis.  

For more information go to the Flood Relief Fund website.


Government disaster funding and assistance

How to claim AGDRP

  • Call Services Australia on 180 22 66
  • Via the myGov website.
  • Visit the Services Australia website
  • Visit the Byron Shire Flood Recovery Centre at the Mullumbimby Civic Hall in Dalley Street.

Support from the NSW Government

Emotional wellbeing and support links


If you are in temporary accommodation and need help finding a temporary home for your cat or dog call 02 6626 7107