Community Buildings & Public Toilets
Byron Shire Council is responsible for the asset management of 141 community buildings and 24 public toilets in the Shire.
Council cleans 3 State owned (Reflections Holiday Park) toilets at Brunswick Heads. Click here to see locations.
How do our community buildings and public toilets measure up?
In 2019, Council conducted a survey to measure the performance of the council community buildings and public toilets. The performance criteria included:
- Overall condition - what was the condition of floor covering, lights, walls & ceilings?
- Overall Cleanliness - was the kitchen, toilets, change rooms clean?
- Functionality- did the spaces (rooms & kitchens) serve your purpose?
- Disability access - did it have appropriate ramps, rails and toilets?
- Booking process - how easy was it to book and pay for the building?
- Capacity - did the building cater to the number of users?
- Cost - was the building value for money in your opinion?
- Availability - were there lots of date options for you to choose from?
The customer level of service results will be used to inform the Building Assets Management Plan. Click here to download the survey report.
A key part of the survey was for the community to rate the quality of the public toilets. Not all public toilets within the Shire are owned by the council, the following facilities are owned by the State Government (Reflections Holiday Park Board) and only cleaned by Byron Shire Council.
- Brunswick Heads Torakina Park
- Brunswick Heads Banner Park
- Brunswick Heads The Terrace Park
Click the button below to open the interactive map to see where the 27 public toilets are.