Waste collection post flood event
as at 12 April 2017
Our waste collection services are still in operation as per usual collection schedule.
Flood affected hard waste such as carpet and furniture can also be dropped off for FREE until Saturday April 16.
Green waste (trees, branches, stumps, shrubs) can be dropped off for FREE until Saturday April 16.
For opening times: http://www.byron.nsw.gov.au/byron-resource-recovery-centre.
Please note: The Byron Resource Recovery Centre will be closed on the following dates:
- Good Friday April 14
- Easter Sunday April 16
- Easter Monday April 17
Byron Shire Council has commenced kerbside pickup of green waste, damaged hard bulky items (eg furniture, carpet, electrical goods) in the areas affected by floodwaters.
Contractors have been engaged and are collecting in the following areas:
Monday 3 April to Sunday 9 April
- Monday - Wednesday, 3 to 5 April - Billinudgel
- Thursday, 6 April – New Brighton and South Golden Beach and Ocean Shores clean-up zones
- Friday, 7 April – New Brighton, South Golden Beach and Ocean Shores clean-up zones and Brunswick River Terrace.
- Saturday , 8 April – Mullumbimby clean-up zone
- Sunday, 9 April – Mullumbimby clean-up zone
Monday 10 April to Thursday 14 April
- Monday, 10 April – Mullumbimby clean-up zone
- Tuesday, 11 April – Billinudgel
- Wednesday, 12 April– New Brighton, South Golden Beach and Ocean Shores
- Thursday, 13 April - Mullumbimby clean-up zone
- Ocean Shores kerbside
- Mullumbimby kerbside
- New Brighton kerbside
- South Golden Beach kerbside
- Billinudgel kerbside
Unfortunately we have had to remove the skip bins as we have found that we are getting flammable items and asbestos being placed in the bins.
No flammable, chemical or asbestos containing materials to be placed kerbside. Items such as paints and oils can be dropped at the Byron Resource Recovery Centre located at 115 Manse Rd, Myocum.
Due to weather and heavy traffic, waiting times at the BRRC may be longer than usual and we thank residents for their patience and understanding during this period.
Small amounts of asbestos can be disposed of at the Lismore and Tweed Recovery Centres – please contact the centres for information on how to remove asbestos. Large amounts of asbestos, over 10 square metres, will require a licensed removalist.
If you are not in the above areas but need assistance re waste, please call Council Resource Recovery staff on 6626 7081, during work hours.