Solar photovoltaic panels
Solar PV panels (CHCC 2009)
Australia receives the highest average solar radiation of any continent in the world. By installing solar panels on the north facing aspect of your roof, you can capture sunlight and reduce your carbon footprint, slash electricity bills and increase self-sufficiency. You may even be eligible to receive revenue from the energy you produce!
Solar PV systems come in two forms:
- Stand alone systems that rely on a battery, OR
- Grid-connect systems that can import and export energy from the mains energy grid.
NSW Solar PV Gross Feed-In Tariff
- Pays you 60 cents/KWh for any energy produced by your PV system
- Upfront costs of solar panels are recovered in approximately eight years
- Maximum size of home solar systems is 10KW
- The scheme is proposed to run for seven years from January 2010
Solar PV system (Clean Energy Council)