Since 1995, Byron Shire Council has encouraged the installation of rainwater tanks.
From time to time, federal and state governments offer incentive schemes or rebates for the installation of new rainwater tanks. A good place to look for these rebates is on the following website:
- Rous Water www.rouswater.nsw.gov.au
Up to June 2012, Byron Shire residents have taken advantage of the rebates and installed 497 rainwater tanks (source NSW Office of Environment and Heritage).
Please refer to the Implementation Guidelines for Rainwater Tank Rebates and Subsidies and the Application form for Rainwater Tank Rebates.
Find out how to care for your rainwater tank with our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Guidelines for water carters - NSW Department of Health
- Water Carters Inspection and Registration Form 26.57 KB
- Rainwater tanks - Office of Environment and Heritage NSW
- Constructing a bore - NSW Office of Water
- Rainfall forecasts - Bureau of Meterology