Integrated Planning Documents (2012-2013)
In 2009, a new Integrated Planning and Reporting (IP&R) framework was implemented by the NSW Government.
Under the NSW state legislation, council’s must prepare a number of plans which provide details on how the council intends to deliver works and services in the short and long term. The delivery of works and services must be based on community priorities that have been identified through consultation and engagement.
As shown below, the Integrated Planning and Reporting plans are designed to cascade so that the broader objectives within the Community Strategic Plan flow through to specific actions and measures, as found in the Delivery Program.
Byron Shire Council’s Community Strategic Plan 2022 outlines the long-term community vision and includes:
- our vision for "culturally rich and thriving communities living in harmony, responding positively to the challenges of our world, and leading by example"
- five key goals to guide our Shire for the next 10 years
- 17 community outcomes to be achieved over the next 10 years; and
- proposed strategies and partnerships to assist us in moving towards our future goals for the Shire.
The CSP encourages Council to draw together all plans and strategies into one meaningful document. Byron Shire Council endorsed its CSP on 28 June 2012.
The Community Strategy Plan includes:
- a long term (10+ years) Community Strategic Plan - identifying the community’s main priorities and aspirations for the future.
- a 4 year delivery program - the principal activities to be undertaken by the Council to implement the strategies established by the Community Strategic Plan, within the resources available under the Resourcing Strategy.
- an annual operational plan - the individual projects and activities that will be undertaken for the year to achieve the commitments made in the Delivery Program.
A CSP is a local government requirement of the NSW Division of Local Government (DLG), Department of Premier and Cabinet. The new framework replaces the former annual Management Plan and Social Plan with an annual integratedCommunity Strategic Plan (CSP).
A full copy of Byron Shire Council's integrated planning documents are listed below:
- Community Strategic Plan 2022 4.33 MB
- Consultation Feedback on Community Strategic Plan 2022 1.42 MB
- Long Term Financial Plan 2012-2022 353.79 KB
- Asset Management Plan 2012-2022 640.13 KB
- Workforce Plan 2012-2016 126.27 KB
- Delivery Program 2012-2016 751.3 KB
- Statement of Revenue Policy 2012/13 1.86 MB
- Fees and Charges 2012/13 575.97 KB