North Coast Bush Fire Management Committee
Public Exhibition of Draft Document - until 13 March, 2017
The Far North Coast Bush Fire Management Committee is currently seeking comments on its draft Bush Fire Risk Management Plan (BFRMP) that has recently been prepared.
The draft BFRMP covers the Ballina, Byron and Tweed local government areas. It includes information about bush fire risk and threat to local areas and specifies works to be done to manage bush fire risk in these areas.
The draft BFMRP applies to all land in the Ballina, Byron and Tweed areas including private land.
The draft BFRMP will be on exhibition for a period of 42 days from Tuesday, 31 January 2017 until Monday, 13 March 2017.
The Draft BFRMP is on display at the following locations:
- Ballina Shire Council: 40 Cherry St, Ballina
- Byron Shire Council: 70-90 Station St, Mullumbimby
- Tweed Shire Council: 10-14 Tumbulgum Rd, Murwillumbah
- Tweed Shire Council: 21 Brett St, Tweed Heads
- National Parks and Wildlife Service offices in Alstonville, Byron Bay and Murwillumbah
- NSW Rural Fire Service: 92 Lundberg Dr, Murwillumbah
Copies of the draft BFRMP may be obtained by contacting (02) 6671 5500 during office hours.
Written submissions on the Draft BFRMP can be sent to the BFMC by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Executive Officer, Far North Coast BFMC, PO Box 816 Murwillumbah NSW 2484. The closing date for submissions is Monday, 13 March 2017.
For further enquires, contact NSW Rural Fire Service, on (02) 6671 5500.