Have your say on our future open space and recreational needs
The time to have your say on the Shire's open space and recreational needs is now...
The Byron Shire 'Open Space and Recreation Needs Assessment' will guide Council’s planning for present and future recreational needs through the provision of appropriate grounds and associated facilities and services.
The assessment includes open space and recreation features such as parks and playgrounds, sporting fields and courts, bush land and natural areas, as well as beach/water access.
The assessment is a community document and will be developed in conjunction with consultants ROSS Planning. As a community document, your input is important in creating an accurate snapshot of the community’s needs and as a basis for developing recommendations for the future.
Come to a community drop-in session to discuss recreation and sporting opportunities at:
- 9 May New Brighton Farmers Markets 8am-11am
- 11 May Byron Farmers Markets 8am-11am
- 12 May Mullum Farmers Markets 7am-11am
- 13 May Bangalow Farmers Markets 8am- 11am
- 18 May Ocean Shores Shopping Village 4pm – 7pm
Or you can complete the online survey which is available until 2 June 2017.
- If you are an individual please access the community survey by clicking here
- If you are making a submission on behalf of a sporting or recreation group click here
Paper copies of the survey are available at Council’s customer service centre (Station Street Mullumbimby), Council libraries (Brunswick Heads, Byron Bay, Mullumbimby), Cavanbah Centre, Ewinsdale Road, or can be posted out by contacting Council on 6626 7000 or email@example.com.
Ross Planning is also meeting with local sporting groups, schools, seniors groups and disability agencies.